Thursday, June 24, 2010

[TRANS] Junsu's 'Ray' Magazine Interview

As a member of TVXQ, Junsu ventures into the music world as a solo artist!
Junsu's new single 'Intoxication' was recently released in his album 'Xiah'. As a dance track targeted at a more mature audience, the song is a perfect display of Junsu's impeccable talent.

'This is a song which brings out a completely new side of me. It conveys a side of men in a sexy way. The dance track has a club-feel; it exposes the true 'me' without reservation, and contains a certain sex appeal which is especially amplified by the vast dynamic range and large intervals. 'Intoxication' embraces a music style I have always wanted to try out. On the other hand, 'Kanashimi no Yukue 悲しみのゆくえ' is an expressive composition which deals with the suppression and concealment of one's self. It is the feeling of wanting to confess to a person you love but not knowing whether or not they will understand and accept you.'

His Mother's Influence:

'My mother loves music, in fact, she was once approached by a management company which hoped to make her an artist, and this is why she is happy that I'm able to become one. It makes me scared how similar my performance's are to hers, she really did have a huge impact on me. Now that I've become more professional than I used to be, I no longer need her advice, whenever I hear those words from her, I'm hit by a sense of loneliness and a flurry of mixed emotions.'

Junsu, who feels like he has only just embarked on the journey to become an artist said 'I've never really considered what type of artist I'd like to be, but I hope that my songs will last for the rest of eternity. As long as there are people who like and enjoy my music, I will continue to sing regardless of the time and situation. It is the things that I love which motivate me to sing.'

Source: xiahking + TVXQBaidu
Trans by: dorfehh@DBSKnights
Shared by: DBSKnights

No comments:

Post a Comment